Many centuries ago, a story of love, pride, and beauty began at the green Lipica estate. This new show of the Lipica Classical Riding School narrates the story of the exceptional stud farm heritage, the white Lipizzan horse, and its connection to the rider.
We invite you to experience the elegance of these white horses and listen to the universal language of beauty. Let A Tale of Lipica impress you as it impressed many visitors.
“I really like that you introduced the performance as a free movement of mares and presented the story from the beginning: from a horse in nature and its convergence with a human. The presentation of mares is wonderful.”
J. Pungeršek, Slovenia
“The performance really impresses you and evokes many emotions. It is actually possible to understand how strong the relationship of trust and cooperation developed among horses and their riders is. In those elements of the performance, in which horses perform without riders in the saddle, one can feel all their freedom, and when you see riders in the saddle of their horses, you are overwhelmed by the elegance of their movement. This is a wonderful experience.”
C. Cisotto, Italy
“The history of Lipica and the horses needs to be recognised around the world. They are magnificent horses and the training of the horses is some of the best I have seen. The new show is a completely different show, it actually made my heart warm.”
J. J. Rios, USA
- June, July and August: every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 15.00 p.m., every Saturday at 11.00
- April and October; every Sunday at 15.00 p.m.
- May and September: every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 15.00 p.m.
We inform our visitors that on Friday, June 22nd, July 13th, August 3rd and 24th, September 14th, October 5th and 26th, the show will start at 14. p.m. Thank you for your understanding.
We inform our visitors that from Saturday, 23. June, on, there will be a new timetable of the show and official training. On Saturday, A Tale of Lipica show will begin at 11.00 and the official training will begin at 15.00. You are welcome.
- August 15th at 15.00 p.m.
- October 5th and 26th at 14.00 p.m.
- Adults: 23,00€ per person
- Students: 18,00 € per person
- Children from 6 to 18 years: 12,00 € per person
- Children under 5 years: 1,00 € per person
- Family ticket: (up to 3 children, up to 2 adults): 59,00 €
Children under 15 years of age can only visit the stud farm if accompanied by an adult – a parent or caretaker.
The admission to A Tale of Lipica show includes
- guided or independent tour
- admission to the presentation of the Lipica Classical Riding School
- unlimited access to the grounds of the stud farm during the opening hours
- visit to the oldest stable – Velbanca where representatives of all the classical lines of Lipizzan stallions can be seen
- visit to the Lipikum Lipizzan Museum
- visit to the Carriage Museum
- visit to the Avgust Černigoj Art Gallery
- access to the historic centre with the Manor
- access to the Karst House
- access to the Valley of Our Lady of Lourdes and the Chapel of St. Anthony of Padua
- access to the pastures, tree avenues, parks and walking paths (about 5 km long)
- access to other natural and historic highlights of Lipica (the pond, ice-pit, well, dry stone wall…).
Basic (includes annual admission): 50,00 € per person
Golden (includes annual admission, presentations, official trainings, discounts and additional bonuses): 75,00 € per person
Family (includes annual admission, up to 3 children, up to 2 adults): 120,00 €
More information and reservation for groups:
T: +386 (0)5 739 1696
Reservations for individual guests are not needed.
Dogs are not allowed in the riding hall.
Photography / filming is not allowed in the riding hall.