Dressage is a fundamental equestrian discipline. The Lipica Stud Farm trains dressage according to the principles of classical equestrianism, which is based on a partnership between the rider and the horse, and their complete harmony with each other.
The basic starting point of classical dressage is the systematic physical, mental, and technical preparation of the horse and the rider, in a patient and respectful manner, with the ultimate goal of achieving superior coordination of the two in motion at the highest level of collection.
Classical dressage is founded upon adherence to the highest ethical principles of equestrianism, and observance of the natural abilities of the horse. Riding is a difficult skill that requires the rider not only to be adequately physically prepared and to have technical knowledge, but above all to have respect and concern for the welfare of the horse as a partner.
Everyone who embarks on the journey of equestrianism must show commitment to training and learning. By mastering the technical skills, a rider can avoid circumstances where they may cause discomfort to the horse, and by knowing the horse’s characteristics and needs, they can ensure that their partner gets adequate attention, understanding, and respect.
Riding can thus transcend into equestrianism, and a merely casual leisure activity can evolve into an urban relationship between man and horse, into a rich and colourful life experience. All of this is worth the effort.
- individual dressage lessons;
- multi-day programme for beginners;
- multi-day programme for riders with prior knowledge.
The minimum age of the participants is 12 years.
A helmet is required regardless of age. A back protector is mandatory up to the age of 15. Required riding equipment includes riding trousers, riding boots, and a helmet.
Reservation is required at least 3 days in advance for individual lessons, and 7 days in advance for multi-day programmes.
The rider has to ride independently at a walk, trot, and canter;
a solid balance and correct use of riding aids are required;
riders must have a membership certificate from a national equestrian organisation or an equestrian club (e.g. the Jahač 2 (Rider 2) exam of the KZS).
Upon purchase of the riding programme, an additional payment is required for admission to the Lipica Stud Farm (offered at a 10% discount).
Admission to the Lipica Stud Farm is included in the price of the programme.
- Please report to the entrance of the Lipica Stud Farm at least 15 minutes before the start of your ride.
- Please notify us at least 24 hours in advance if you will not be able to ride on the agreed date.
- Participants may weigh a maximum of 90 kilograms and be no more than 180 centimetres tall.
- The minimum age of the participants of the riding programme is 12 years.
- The riding and the preparation of the horse before, during, and after riding are at your own risk. Persons under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parent or guardian.
- Wearing a helmet is mandatory throughout the programme.
- A back protector is required for persons under the age of 15.
- If 2 people want to participate in the programme, prior riding experience is required.*
- Participants are required to follow the instructions of the Lipica Stud Farm staff.
- Please keep in mind that we are working with animals, and therefore, to ensure that the needs of both the rider and the horse are met, the length of the programme may vary. This may also be affected by the preparation time between individual lessons. Thank you for your understanding.