Dressage riding programmes are currently not available in accordance with the measures enforced to prevent the spread of the coronavirus epidemic. We will notify you about the new schedule of these programmes in the coming days.
Dressage is the basic equestrian discipline based on perfect harmonisation of the rider and the horse.
The Lipica Stud Farm teaches dressage following the principles of classical dressage, which developed in the past centuries based on dressage of horses for battle purposes. For the rider in the battlefield a horse with a good command of pirouettes, change of gallop, sidepasses and other elements is sometimes of vital importance. The fighting skill on especially trained horses has developed to the greatest extent in Spain. Hence the name “Spanish Riding School”.
The basis of the classical dressage is natural capability of an animal. The basis and aim of classical dressage is the preparation of a horse and a rider in psychophysical and technical sense to perform harmonised moves performed by horses also in free movement without force and at the highest level of concentration.
Dressage as competitive discipline emphasises above all a perfect harmonised development of psychophysical characteristics of a horse. In competitive tasks almost all elements of classical school were kept with emphasis on the beauty of movement and harmonious, almost unnoticeable influence of the rider on the horse.
|The program lasts for 60 min, of which is 15 min for preparing a horse and 45 min of riding
|The minimum age of the participants is 12 years.
|Helmet is compulsory equipment regardless of age. By the age of 15 is mandatory also, a spine shield. Mandatory riding equipment are riding pants, riding boots and helmet.
|Advance reservation is required at least 3 days before the program.
- For participation in the horseback riding program, a reservation is obligatory at least 3 days before the program.
- The minimum age of the participants is 12 years.
- In case, that two riders are joining the program together is obligatory that they are riding independently.
- Prior riding experience* is required. If the riding instructor determines that the rider’s knowledge and ability are lower than claimed during the reservation process, the rider will be asked to leave the lessons. In that case, refunds are not possible.
- The instructor chooses the exercises in line with rider's knowledge and ability.
- The horses are medium height and not suitable for very tall and heavy riders.
- The participants have to wear riding equipment (boots, trousers, helmet).
- The use of the helmet is mandatory through the whole program.
- By the age of 15, the spin shield is mandatory.
- Participants are asked to follow the instructions, given by personnel of the Stud Farm.
- Safety rules must be followed. Each participant is co-responsible for their own safety, the safety of other riders in the group, horse's safety, the safety of other people and material resources.
- The Lipica Stud Farm takes no responsibility for any injuries or accidents that might occur during the participation in the riding programme.
*Necessary previous knowledge and experience:
- The rider has to ride independently in a walk, trot and canter;
- Solid balance and correct use of aids;
- A certificate from a national equestrian organizations or an equestrian club membership attestation is preferred for participants on program.
More information and reservation
SEND YOUR INQUIRY