"Who is the horse?" programme
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are renovating the areas for the children's and family programmes
At Lipica Stud Farm, we are renovating the areas for the children's and family programmes as well as the stable for our ponies. During this time, the ability to carry out the children's and family programmes will be reduced. We are happy to inform you that the programmes will be available soon - renovated and even more inviting.
Our Lipizzaners and ponies are looking forward to meeting you again!
Would you like to give your children possibility to meet the horse differently and touch his new friend for the first time? Program »Who is the horse« is the best choice for curious young researchers, who wish to know how horses see, hear, feel, thinks and communicate with each other and with human. We will demonstrate safe and correct approach to the horse. In addition we will show children how to touch, brush and groom horses.
The programme includes:
- conversation about horses (ethology of the horse, explained on children friendly manner)
- introduction to the correct approach towards the horse
- first contact with a lipizzaner and possibility to »cuddle« with a horse
- introduction to the correct grooming of horses
Suitable for children: from 8 years old on
Duration: 30 - 45 min
Price: 15, 00 € per person
- Tickets for all the children's & family programmes can only be bought when also buying tickets to visit the stud farm, which allows you full access to all the property of the stud farm during opening hours.
- The programme is available by prior reservation. We recommend that you check the availability of the program at least two days before your arrival to Lipica.
Schedule (upon prior reservation):
- April - October: 5 times per week - from Thursday till Monday / 10.00-18.00
- November – March: 2 times per week – Saturday and Sunday/ 11.00-15.00
- The program is available all year around.
- The program must be booked in advance.
- Tickets can be bought at the ticket office, located at the main entrance of the stud farm.
- Tickets must be collected at the ticket office no later than 15 minutes before the reserved time, otherwise the reservation will be cancelled.
More information and reservation:
T: ++386 (0)5 7391 696